Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Re: Dev plugin for firefox 3.7

> I have just downloaded the 64-bit version of FF4.0 B5 from mozilla,
> installed it (on my Debian system),
> updated my plugin svn dirs,
> built the plugin (w. BROWSER=ff40), installed it
> (shows up registered as 1.0.8725M.20100908004741),
> and tried to run a GWT app (running in Eclipse, GWT 2.0.4)...
> ...but I only got a warning about not supporting anythin above 3.5.

To exclude any possibility of compiling with the wrong headers
/linking with the wrong libraries, I have just

- removed all my libmoz / libnss / libxul / iceweasel stuff from my
system
- downloaded the iceweasel 4.0 beta 5 source packages
- build the packages on my own system (with the locally installed
headers/libraries)
- installed all the required libraries / dev packages / applications

... so now I have a working iceweasel 4.0 beta 5 on my system, with
all the dependencies
as system libraries, with no alternate versions at all.

Then I have updated my plugin SVN dir, build the plugin (with
BROWSER=ff40),
installed the plugin, and it shows up between addons, but
when trying to open an app, it still says that
"Sorry, the GWT Developer Plugin only supports Firefox 3.0 and 3.5 at
present"

I am out of ideas, so I give up - unless someone can help, of couse.

Thank you:

Kristof

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment