Saturday, September 18, 2010

Re: de-mavenize a project



On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:10 AM, John <nesredep@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:06 AM, olivier nouguier
<olivier.nouguier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or learn maven ;)

There are soooo many interesting things to learn, rails, groovy,
python, and on and on.  It's hard to justify taking time to learn
something that solves problems you don't have.

For sure ... but IMHO It really worth to give a try with maven because a mavenized project is very easy to install / try as soon as maven is bootstraped.
In your case,you'll just have to unzip the maven "binaries" adapth your path and try.
As some might found this thread OT with GWT, if you want to try and encounter some issues don't hesitate to contact me on my mail directly.
Cheers,
Olivier

> More seriously, you can easy "de mavenize" aproject, but maven will help
> you:
>
> mvn dependency:copy-dependencies will copy all dependencies in a folder
> target/dependency
>
> Then you'll just have to add those lib in your build classpath.
>
> mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse will build for you the .classpath (among
> others) file to run in eclipse without m2eclipse.

I had to re-install the project (but maven was still installed).  So
Maven didn't install into my Eclipse workspace--I don't know why, but
it did not give me that choice.  Normally there is a little checkbox
(in non-maven imports) to import into Eclipse workspace.

Since it stuck everything arbitrarily into my home directory, I found
out that maven wasn't in my path, so I couldn't try what you
suggested.  But thanks, I do appreciate the reply.  I guess I could
set paths and whatever, to get the the NEXT problem, but it's probably
not worth spending more time on it.  I'm happy to use the standard GWT
fileuploader widget--I was just curious, because GWTUploader does seem
like a nice way to do things.

John

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.




--
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
- Pablo Picasso -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment