Friday, September 17, 2010

Re: de-mavenize a project

Or learn maven ;)

More seriously, you can easy "de mavenize" aproject, but maven will help you:

  • mvn dependency:copy-dependencies will copy all dependencies in a folder target/dependency
Then you'll just have to add those lib in your build classpath.

  • mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse will build for you the .classpath (among others) file to run in eclipse without m2eclipse. 



On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Brad <barbedwire103@gmail.com> wrote:
Just grab the GWTUpload jar and add it to your classpath.

On Sep 16, 12:20 pm, John <nesre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A few weeks ago I was interested in GWTUpload, and I wanted to install
> it on Eclipse.  I saw the project maintainer had written:
>
> The project has been mavenized,...
>
> Well, over the past couple of years, I've seen people rant about how
> great maven is, and I've gone and looked at it.  My eyes glaze over
> after a few minutes.  FOR ME(!!!!!) it seems that maven is a lot of
> extra stuff to solve a problem I don't have.  I don't do large
> complicated projects--I'm totally content to push the little red
> suitcase with a C on it.
>
> I was so motivated to try poking at GWTUpload, I actually installed
> Maven on my Eclipse, and then installed GWTUpload, but when I saw the
> huge mess, I just deleted the entire project.  Doesn't seem reasonable
> to go through all the learning curve to solve a problem I don't have.
>
> What WOULD be nice though, is if there was a tutorial on how to
> de-mavenize a specifically GWT project (like GWTUpload), step 1, step
> 2, step 3.  Could it be that easy?
>
> Hoping there might be an easy (ie minutes for both comprehending, and
> doing) way, and that I don't get flamed too much for a dumb question.
>
> John

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.




--
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
- Pablo Picasso -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment