Monday, September 13, 2010

How to set focus in CellTable? (2.1M3)

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating gwt 2.1m3.

One thing I would like to do with a CellTable is to programatically
select a cell containing an EditTextCell and set the focus to the text
box within. This would have the same effect as clicking on the cell,
but in response to a different event.

It seems that this is not possible with the current API. There is code
in the CellTable.onBrowserEvent method that does what I want, but I'm
unable to create a suitable Event object to pass in to it and the
various structures that I want to manipulate are private and
inaccessible.

There are several situations where I want to control focus in a
CellTable. For example when the user causes a new row to be added to
the table, I would like to force focus to a particular column in that
row. Also, on certain validation errors I might want to prompt the
user to edit a particular value and would make sense to set focus to
the value concerned.

I realize that the API may not be completely finalized yet, so my
question is: Is it likely that the API will be extended or relaxed in
the future? Is there another approach? Or is this something that will
never be possible with GWT CellTables?


Andrew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment