Monday, May 31, 2010

Re: Status of Joda/Goda time, future of Date handling

Hey, guys

I'm the main contributor(for what it's worth) of gwt-time, and it's
nice to know that it works for you guys. I've had to put it off the
burner for a while, but I'm starting to pick it back up again.

However, there are a few issues with it that we still need to address,
most notably the large download and Serialization issues.

Any information you could give me would be of the utmost help with
improving it. I haven't run an SOYC on it yet, so I don't quite know
why it would be so big--perhaps Timezone tables are the reason, but
I'm guessing it just has more to do with the structure of the project
as a whole. There may be a much more GWT-friendly way to organize the
API which will help with this (Thus the reason that gwt-time is still
listed as in alpha stage--I don't want too many people getting angry
if I change the API around)

Please let me know what troubles you are having so that we can get to
fixing them.

Thanks,

Scott

On May 30, 8:57 pm, Chris Lercher <cl_for_mail...@gmx.net> wrote:
> On May 31, 2:26 am, Paul Stockley <pstockl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am using gwt-time. I haven't had any issues as yet. However, the
> > biggest
> > problem is that it adds 250 - 300 kb to the project js download.
>
> That's massive, and it would be way too much for my project. I wonder,
> why it's that large - What does the SOYC compile report say? If it's
> mainly the timezone tables, maybe there's a way to reduce them.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment