Sunday, May 30, 2010

Re: eclipse: using external jar library -> "No source code is available for type ; did you forget to inherit a required module?"

Search the forum for the literally dozens of answers to this...
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/search?group=google-web-toolkit&q=No+source+code+is+available&qt_g=Search+this+group

Not all java can be use in the client code (see JRE emulation) and any
external library code must include source and be specified in a
library xml file.

On May 30, 9:28 am, Magnus <alpineblas...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get started with my first GWT application "myApp", and
> I would like to use my java library (mylib.jar, in this case for a
> subclass of java.lang.Method: mylib.Method).
>
> I am using eclipse and a separate project "mylib", which uses an ant
> script via "external tools" that builds the mylib.jar file.
>
> Within the myApp directory, I added a symbolic link to mylib.jar in
> <prj>/war/WEB-INF/lib. And I added <prj>/war/WEB-INF/lib/mylib.jar to
> my project via Properties/Java Build Path/Libraries.
>
> Well, whenever I use something related to mylib.Method, I get the
> following error:
> "No source code is available for type mylib.Method; did you forget to
> inherit a required module?"
>
> What does this mean and how can I resolve it?
>
> Thanks
> Magnus

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment