Saturday, November 22, 2014

Re: SDM with modular-webapp - no client-side debugging possible

I'm not sure I understand how launcherDir would allow you to recompile on load? Doesn't this just set an output directory?

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 1:34:15 AM UTC-8, Thomas Broyer wrote:
BTW, how about using <launcherDir> to have "recompile on load" instead of using the bookmarklets?

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 10:33:02 AM UTC+1, Thomas Broyer wrote:
Inspect the DOM, you might have a transparent element layered on top of the SDM dialog (and have a look at the zIndex for each; the SDM dialog uses a very high zIndex but maybe you're using one even higher?)

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:42:22 AM UTC+1, Magnus wrote:
I see, I am on my own with this issue...
Nevertheless, I post my proceedings here. Maybe it helps someone someday...

Well: There must be some side effect between the SDM dialog box (div) which shows "Choose a module to recompile" and my library test code.
My library test code also is a DialogBox, i. e. a class "TestBox extends DialogBox", and located within my library. To test if my library works within my modular-webapp project, I created an instance of TestBox.

The current observation is this: As long as the instance of TestBox is visible, clicking on "compile" in the DevMode On box will have no effect.
As soon as it is hidden, SDM compile will work again.

So I believe (hope) that this behavior does not have to do with my specific maven or java configuration. Since there is not a real need to recompile when a dialog box is open, I think (hope) that I can live with this issue.

Magnus

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment