Friday, November 28, 2014

Re: Running new auto compile super dev mode from maven plugin

Hi Thomas,

I tested "compile on refresh" (CoR) with your archetypes, and it works fine (using mvn gwt:run).

However, CoR does not work in my project (gwt 2.7, using mvn gwt:run).

File changes don't seem to be picked up by SDM:

[INFO] GET /recompile/App
[INFO]    Job com.myproject.App_1_4
[INFO]       starting job: com.myproject.App_1_4
[INFO]       binding: user.agent=safari
[INFO]       skipped compile because no input files have changed
[INFO]       0.038s total -- Compile completed

I have a particular maven structure where I have a root GWT module that aggregates a dozen of other GWT modules.
The parent GWT module is in its own Maven module, and all child GWT modules are in separate Maven modules. 
The parent Maven module contains 0 java code. All java code is located in the child Maven modules

/
├── app (Maven module, contains 1 gwt module inheriting all child GWT modules, no Java code here)
├── module1 (Maven module, pom)
│   ├── client (Maven module, contains 1 GWT module + Java files)
│   ├── server
├── module2 (Maven module, pom)
│   ├── client (Maven module, contains 1 GWT module + Java files)
│   ├── server
├── module3 (Maven module, pom)
│   ├── client (Maven module, contains 1 GWT module + Java files)
│   ├── server

 
I tried changing UiBinder files, View or Presenter files (using GWTP here), no changes are ever picked up.

Any hints?


On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:16:43 AM UTC-5, Michael Wiles wrote:
Hi all...

So I'm trying out gwt 2.7-rc1

I'm using the same maven config as I had for 2.6

I precompile all my sources so when I start the app it picks up the gwt module. 

When I run the app for the first time it correctly says "compiling" (as it doesn't precompile) and once done the app loads.

But after that when I refresh it doesn't pick up that there are changes and recompiles...

I have to do a full recompile to pick up the changes.

Michael

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment