Thursday, November 27, 2014

SuggestBox and the underlying TextBox

Hello,

I have some trouble with the SuggestBox. 

There are at least two Hadler at the SuggestBox:

- ValueChangeHandler
- SelectionHandler

If I enter a Text into the SuggestBox and unfocus it, I get the ValueChangeEvent, with the current Value (I need to validate the Input at this moment)

If I enter a Text into the SuggestBox and select one of the Selection, I get two Events in this Order:

1. ValueChangeEvent with the SearchTerm of the TextBox
2. SelectionEvent with the selected Value

My Problem is, that my Validation will validate the SearchTerm in the ValueChangeEvent (Which may be wrong). In the following SelectionEvent, I get the correct Value. 
But in this case, I have already shown a warning Display, that the entered Value is invalid.




Are there any ideas, how I can solve my problem?



Thanks,
Christian



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment