Friday, November 21, 2014

Re: GWT compile fails with default Maven directory structure

On Friday, November 21, 2014 11:33:48 AM UTC+1, Thomas Broyer wrote:
When you use Maven and Eclipse, you "import a Maven project" (ou create one from within Eclipse), and the GPE detects the use of the gwt-maven-plugin and auto-configures itself, using the GWT dependencies from your Maven project rather than a "GWT SDK" (so you can really use any GWT version that's available in the Central Repository, whether it's available as an "Eclipse plugin" or not is irrelevant).
I like launching DevMode using the GPE even when using Maven, because it's simpler and more integrated to Eclipse.

Thanks, that got me to where gwt:compile is working from the command line or GPE (save the test code path issue I posted about originally, which I'll go to GPE about). I'll work on running stuff later.

Here are a few of the main hurdles I ran into:

- I had to manually change the build order in Java Build Path -> Order and Export to put my Maven Dependencies below everything else, which seems a little strange.

- Where to put resources. I started with everything in src/main/resources to be Maven-like, but realized for GPE and compiling from maven to work, all stuff that needs to be processed by the GWT compiler needs to go in src/main/java. This was an entertaining read.

- The MobileWebApp sample pom.xml references the maven-gae-plugin, but it seems like that's been superseded by appengine-maven-plugin.

- You still want separate GWT and app engine SDKs installed in Eclipse, even though you've also got them in your local maven repository.

- In the end, I was better off starting a new Maven project from scratch then trying to migrate my existing one, especially with my connection to a local Subversion repository. Subclipse didn't handle the moves very well and my working copy got corrupted.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment