Monday, November 24, 2014

GWT 2.7.0 and logging

Hi all,
I've just tried GWT 2.7.0. My app inherits com.google.gwt.logging.Logging and I've some problems to understand the new behavior of the logging module. I read in the Library Changes Section of the 2.7.0 Release Notes that
"The new default is to log messages at level SEVERE and above to the browser's console".
However, whether I try to set the log level from the url (?logLevel=<new log level>) or from the .gwt.xml file (<set-property name="gwt.logging.logLevel" value="<new log level>" />) the log level is not changed and the logging is performed at SEVERE level.
Moreover, debugging the com.google.gwt.logging.client.LogConfiguration.class and its method setLevels, the strange behavior is confirmed. If a log level is found in the URL then the level is set (the statement l.setLevel(level) is executed but the logging continues to be executed at severe level) but if a log level is not found in the URL the default level is set and the content of the .gwt.xml file seems to be ignored.
I wonder where I am going wrong. The logging of my app works with GWT <= 2.6.1.
Any help will be appreciated.
Best,
Lorenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment