Thursday, September 23, 2010

Re: serializing classes in GWT w/o source code

Hello,

I just wanted to update. I ended up creating new classes that are specific to the UI but are very similar to domain objects provided by our internal library. This is cool because this way, I am free to offer UI related data on these classes and not muck up the domain model and vice versa, not muck up the UI domain model when making changes to business model. 

Thanks!
Sachin

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM, doles <sachin.dole@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello!

So, I have a GWT app that uses a domain object model from another
project library within our company. This domain object model is
distributed as a library file and no sources are normally available.
The domain object model is serialized and all that is good so, my IDE
does not complain about wiring everything together as a GWT project,
however, when i try to compile with gwt, I get an error message

[ERROR] Line 38: No source code is available for type
com.g.nfl.download.model.Attribute; did you forget to inherit a
required module?

It looks like gwt compiler is looking for source code -
understandable. However, I dont have it! So how do I still use the pre-
compiled class? If there is no way, I guess I will need to break down
this domain object model into Strings and primitives and then pass
that over rpc in gwt... that wont be so cool, but it can work.

Has anyone else faced this? How to get it working?

Appreciate it!

Best,
Sachin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment