Friday, September 3, 2010

Re: Problem with GWT portlet and RPC

In using gwt-log and doing some more tracing, I've found that the
second portlet doesn't receive the callback notification from
VisualizationUtils.loadVisualizationApi. As a workaround, I set a
timeout timer and load the charts I need after the timer times out.
Is there a suggestion out there on a better way to perform this?

On Sep 1, 9:21 am, topher1120 <topher1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been using GWT for only a couple months and just have a cursory
> knowledge of AJAX, so I apologize if this question feels like a newbie
> question, it is.
>
> My group is gearing up to provide a set of dashboards for our
> executive management and we have been asked to provide the dashboards
> as portlets in Websphere Portal.  All of the dashboards have the same
> look and feel and same basic functionality, so I consolidated that
> into a library that I can import into new projects, including the RPC
> code to retrieve the data.  Everything works great when only one
> portlet is shown on a portal page, but falls apart when I have two
> portlets using the same set of classes. The short description is that
> the first portlet rendered on the page renders and pulls back data
> from the server over RPC, but the second portlet does not.  As far as
> I can tell, it never throws any error and the logs look like the
> servlet never receives the call.
>
> Here's the breakdown.  Although I use the same library to make the RPC
> call, I have each war deployed to a separate context, and a GWT module
> with different names.  This means the call to GWT.getModuleBaseURL()
> for each portlet returns a different result.
> I have a suspicion that GWT doesn't expect to have two modules using
> the same classes to make RPC to two different URLs and is using the
> same JavaScript class and callbacks for both.  However, I'm unsure how
> to test this theory and what kind of workaround is possible.
>
> Can someone suggest things to try or give a deeper description of what
> might be happening?
>
> Thanks,
> topher

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment