Saturday, September 4, 2010

Re: GWT war file inside a EAR file

Hi Marcelo,

Some weeks ago I've implemented exactly what you are trying (putting
the WAR inside an EAR file and deploying it into a Weblogic server).

Doing it it was pretty straightforward in my case, I didn't need any
change regarding GWT coding or deployment.

The steps I followed were:

1. Create an "application.xml" descriptor
2. Create a "weblogic-application.xml" descriptor
3. Do all the proper EAR packaging (see next paragraph for my
directory layout)

After doing that in order to deploy it in Weblogic, just copy that EAR
file into your <DOMAIN>/autodeploy directory OR deploy it thru
WebLogic's console as any usual application.

This is my directory layout:

<app-ear>/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
<app-ear>/META-INF/application.xml
<app-ear>/META-INF/weblogic-application.xml
<app-ear>/myapp.war

And the contents of my deployment descriptor files are:

Content of META-INF/application.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application 1.3//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd'>

<application>
<display-name>My Application</display-name>
<description>My Application description</description>

<!-- GUI -->
<module>
<web>
<web-uri>myapp.war</web-uri>
<context-root>myapp</context-root>
</web>
</module>

</application>


Content of META-INF/weblogic-application.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE weblogic-application PUBLIC "-//BEA Systems, Inc.//DTD
WebLogic Application 8.1.0//EN" "http://www.bea.com/servers/wls810/dtd/
weblogic-application_2_0.dtd
">

<weblogic-application>

<prefer-application-packages>
<!-- I have something here, but it is related to my particular
application and not related with GWT -->
</prefer-application-packages>

</weblogic-application>


Hope it helps and good luck,
Mariano Ortega


On Sep 2, 4:47 pm, Marcelo Balloni <marceloball...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi folks!
>
>  I developed a gwt application and package it as a war file. Everything
> works fine.
>  But when i try to package it inside an EAR file all my remote callings
> stoped to work (i'm using gwt default remoteserlvet calls). Actually i can't
> even deploy in weblogic (it gives an error).
>
>  I've tried everything but without success =/
>  Is there something else i'm missing on gwt ear deployment?
>
>  Thank you!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment