Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Re: Deploy simple app on jetty: Please help

You probably need to configure serverlets in your web.xml to match
your @RemoteServiceRelativePath

e.g look at contacts example
<servlet>
<servlet-name>contactsServiceServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-
class>com.google.gwt.sample.contacts.server.ContactsServiceImpl</
servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>contactsServiceServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/contacts/contactsService</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

error or warning in your console will have a 503 error or 404 not sure
but you can see where it is sending the request you to and that will
give you correct URL-Pattern .

if you post your application in zip I can have a look.

On Sep 2, 12:12 pm, andrewjmccann <andrewjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I which to deploy my new GWT application on a local server running
> jetty-6.1.22 on ubuntu 10.04.
>
> Before I tried that I tried to host the MyWebApp (Web Application
> Starter Project).
> I cannot get it to work.
>
> In eclipse I click Google -> GWT compile. It seems to compile fine.
>
> Then I copy the MyWebApp dir to /usr/share/jetty/webapps dir.
>
> Then I start or restart the jetty server from within /usr/share/jetty
> with
> java -jar start.jar etc/jetty.xml
>
> I point my browser tohttp://127.0.0.1:8080/MyWebApp/war/MyWebApp.html
>
> There I see the nice "log in" page:
> Please enter your name:
>
> When I do I get the error dialog
> An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check
> your network connection and try again.
>
> I have read so many post about "what to do"....but in many cases I
> just don't understand what they're saying. Try to follow the manual:http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideDeploying.html#D...
>
> But it doesn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment