Sunday, September 5, 2010

Re: Anyone know how to deploy a simple app on jetty?

Oh my god....that was it!

I have been banging my head against this for a week now.

Thank you so much.

Cheers

Andrew

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> On Sep 5, 3:26 am, andrewjmccann <andrewjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I which to deploy my new GWT application on a local server running
>> jetty-6.1.22 on ubuntu 10.04.
>>
>> Before I tried that I tried to host the MyWebApp (Web Application
>> Starter Project). I cannot get it to work.
>>
>> In eclipse I click Google -> GWT compile. It seems to compile fine.
>>
>> Then I copy the MyWebApp dir to /usr/share/jetty/webapps dir.
>>
>> Then I start or restart the jetty server from within /usr/share/jetty
>> with
>> java -jar start.jar etc/jetty.xml
>>
>> I point my browser tohttp://127.0.0.1:8080/MyWebApp/war/MyWebApp.html
>
> You should only take the "war" folder (and possibly rename it when
> copying it), so that the WEB-INF folder is a child of the folder that
> lives within /usr/share/jetty/webapps; e.g. /usr/share/jetty/webapps/
> whateveryouwant/WEB-INF/web.xml
> The URL to the app would then be http://127.0.0.1:8080/whateveryouwant/MyWebApp.html
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.
>
>

--
Microsoft sells you Windows ... Linux gives you the whole house
Television is a medium, because anything well done is rare!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment