Friday, September 3, 2010

HorizontalSplitPanel in Internet Explorer 8

Hello there,

I've been using GWT 2.0 for a few weeks now. My application uses a
SplitLayoutPanel which, in turn has a HorizontalSplitPanel in its
client-area.

I am using Internet Explorer in Standard-Mode, since I have only to
consider IE8. I also use Firefox 3.6 to check whether things work on
there too - just in case.

My problem is that whatever widgets I add to the HorizontalSplitPanel
(e.g. Labels), I end up not being able to resize the
HorizontalSplitPanel. Basically: if I create a new module with an
EntryPoint that only displays a HorizontalSplitPanel (and say.. 2
Labels) - it doesn't work. It DOES work in Firefox though.

The SplitLayoutPanel however works just fine in IE8 as well as
Firefox, but I can't use it, because I need the left panel (addWest..)
to auto-size as well (I don'T want to define the size when using
addWest(..., size)).

Is this a known issue?

The exception I get is:
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (Error): invalid
argument.
number: -2147024809
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:
195) etc.

I'd appreciate any help or information with this :/.

thank you very much in advance.

Igor.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment