Monday, June 23, 2014

Re: GWT Developer Plugin no longer works with Chrome on Linux

For some reason this Chrome message has just popped up for me today. I already had to downgrade Firefox to be able to continue using the development plugin there.
I've been developing with GWT on Linux/Chrome for a long time and I'm quite shocked that Google would stop supporting the plugin... for their own browser!
Does this mean GWT itself is on its way to be dropped by Google?

J.


On Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:15:10 AM UTC-4, Abel Barbosa wrote:
Hi.

I've been developing some web applications with GWT.

Yesterday I updated my Google Chrome on Linux Ubuntu and now I get the following message when trying to use Development Mode:

"Sorry, the GWT Developer Plugin no longer works with Chrome on Linux"

Is this lack of support final? The message seems to state that. 

Why did this happen? Am I no longer able to use development mode on Linux (Firefox doesn't have an  GWT Developer Plugin since the 24 version - currently on version 29)?

Am I missing the obvious alternative besides using an older browser?

Thank you.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment