Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Magnetic Grid in GWT



Hi there,

I'm actually writing my Thesis and I'm very new to GWT, but not to Java. I have a lot of experience working with Java, but I don't know how much Java libraries are applicable for GWT.
What I want to implement is a magnetic grid (displayed with thin rectangles) and to drag and drop some elements I will define into this grid (some icons to be displayed by clicking a button). So the sense is, that those dropped elements will notify which rectangle is next to them and automatically will be placed in the center of ne nearest rectangle. I suggested to work with something like getPosition(), setPosition(), getOffsetParents() or scrollTo() in JavaScript etc as MooTools would provide such methods. I first thought about implementing all the things by myself, by writing also the JavaScript manually. GWT (on the first look) seems a very powerful and easy way to optimize my way of implementation. But I don't know how I can apply other frameworks to work within GWT. Well, as I told you, I'm very new to that thing.

I would appreciate any kind of help, suggestion, code snippet, book or hyperlink you can give me. I hope my problem is explained well enough, otherwise please give me a hint, so that I can respond and explain my problem in more detail.

Thanks in advance!


Greetz from Germany,


Yours sincerely


N.B.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment