Monday, April 15, 2024

Re: Really need help getting CodeServer to run with Java 11 and GWT 2.10

Hi Thomas

unfortunately, I'm still stuck. I thought I'd attack the Lombok dependency first, since that's a third-party it depends on. I don't suppose you've ever been exposed to that? 
I tried setting the 
<classpathScope>compile</classpathScope> to the "configuration" setting of the plugin def in pluginmanagement of the root pom. That didn't help. (neither compile+runtime)

In the intellij GWT-plugin I got it working while running by setting the argument "-javaagent:/...path..../lombok-1.16.14.jar=ECJ , not sure if that could change anything. I mean this breaks at compile so I don't know.

I have gone through the configuration line-by line with both your archetype project and the NaluKit Marco tipped me about. I can't see any relevant difference. I don't have <type>gwt-lib</type> on any dependency, but neither does any of the other projects I look at.

I also tried adding lombok dependency to the plugin, it didn't help either.

I am basically stuck, this is not great. Would you have time to look at the plugin config if I pasted it?

On Friday 12 April 2024 at 11:20:01 UTC+2 Thomas Broyer wrote:
On Friday, April 12, 2024 at 7:50:42 AM UTC+2 Mathias wrote:
-My dependencies should be ok since i can build it with the plugin, so i'm a bit at a loss as to how make this work.

Dependencies for gwt:compile and gwt:codeserver aren't the same: https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/codeserver.html
You might have to either adjust the <scope> of dependencies (e.g. from provided to compile) or adjust the gwt:codeserver's classpathScope (e.g. from runtime to compile+runtime or compile)
 
as a final aside:
The "neither a gwt-lib or jar" warning messages in the error log below - i still get it if i add the gwt-lib type to the dependency, and the archetype project prints the same error when created.

Note that it's an info, not a warning 😉

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/7ae59c63-c4a1-44a2-8d96-f1734a52708cn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment