Thursday, April 11, 2024

Re: Debugging the GWT application running in maven, version 2.11

The most up-to-date tutorial is https://www.gwtproject.org/gettingstarted-v2.html

It uses maven to setup a best-practice GWT project which should consist of three modules. One module that contains your GWT code and basically represents your UI, one module that contains your server side code that will become a *.war file and will be deployed to a servlet container and finally a shared project which allows you to share some common code between the UI and your server. You don't have to use maven, but at least you can use the tutorial to get an idea on how a project layout should be.

To debug your UI you have to use the browser dev tools and set breakpoints in the browser. To debug your server side code you would do it as with any other Java application and activate the Java Wire Debug Protocol (JWDP) on the JVM that runs the servlet container.

-- J.

Ayush Rawat schrieb am Donnerstag, 11. April 2024 um 09:08:26 UTC+2:
Recently I got a project on GWT. Had no idea what is this thing. Slowly figured out things here and there. There aren't many sources to lean from. I mostly went through ChatGPT and took help from it. It made me a demo project for login page, sign up page and connecting it to the mysql database. I worked on client-side, server-side and shared files.

In this project I made login page, sign up page, user entity, user service, user service async, user service implementation. As of now my frontend is working fine but can't able to connect it to the database. I am using Intellij Idea Ultimate version, and there is no way I can debug this code. 

Will this community help me to figure this out by sharing resources and you thoughts about this demo project. It's my third day working on this task, and I can't see things moving. I really need your suggestions guys,  if needed can share my code in zip file.

Also how can I debug this?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/5ca25e42-280a-4840-871f-58cc1de7510dn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment