Wednesday, November 28, 2012

CellBrowser improvement

Hi, it's my first time writing to this community here, if I say something wrong or in the wrong place, just say it :) 

I've been working with GWT for half a year and it's really great. But this days I've found a behavior I think it's not the best one.

I've a CellBrowser which get all the information with AsyncDataProviders. So if you open a node, it gets new data through RequestFactory/RPC.

When I update one object I decided to delete the old one and add a new one. When that happens, at least this object and its childs has to be updated as well.

I'd like to automatically select again the leaf that was selected before I've updated the object (E.g. one root object).

Ok ... I've created a class to do this, using setChildOpen() and selecting the objects in the selectionModel.

But I have to wait the node to be open first and, then, I can have the new object and the select it and, if necessary, open it also. (recursively).

I've binded  an OpenHandler to the CellBrowser so I could know when that happened. 

What's the point: when I got an Open Event, it is opened, but its childs are not ready, are not fetched. So I can't do anything at this point.

My suggestion: the onOpen event should only be fired when all the data is ready (or at least the page that was requested).

If someone could tell me some tips to do what I want, I appreciate. I'm think about creating a Timer that checks if the data are ready, an then select the object and so on. It's not the most elegant solution, but could work.

Sorry about my poor english.

Rafael Paulino

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/6jKm6Zk9Lj8J.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment