Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Re: GWT compile times between 2.6.0 & 2.7.0

> As for better computers for the developers, we try. We've mandated 16GB+ RAM & all computers are refreshed every 3 years with good specs. I've been pushing for SSDs but we have limited availability to most developers. :)

I use a old T410 with 8GB and a hard drive. I ran it on linux and what I found speeding up my development cycle the most was using 2GB for a ram drive (even 1GB would have been enough). This way I almost got instant save and compile times. But with GWT once a full build happens it seams that beside some minor issues file access is almost irrelevant. So I do not know if this might speed up anything for you but you can give it a try.


Regards,

Martin (Kersten)


PS: The ram drive is synced to disk every 5 minutes so I wont lose more than 5 min work at most but never happend.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment