Thursday, October 30, 2014

Initiate sending over RPC from the server side


Hello,

I'm new to GWT RPC. I need to write something that I subscribe on the client side then on the server side it can send data to client whenever there is update.
As I read from the tutorial, I make a Service interface and a ServiceAsync interface on the client, and a ServiceImpl on the server side that implements Service.

And then, on the client side I just call service.xxx and catch the return from my AsyncCallback.
This is like I trigger the event from the client side and pull some data from the server side.

Is there a way to "push" the data from the server side and send the data to every client that "subscribes" it?

Thanks,
Larry

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment