Wednesday, September 17, 2014

error when setting up debugging in eclipse

First of all, I got this working yesterday on a different computer using the latest eclipse (luna).

But today I installed the google plug-in for eclipse 4.2 (juno). I have an old gwt project that I marked "use google web toolkit" and I pointed it to my installed sdk (2.6.1) in the "Web Toolkit" section. In the "Web Application" section I said "This project has a WAR directory" and pointed it to the docbase of my application. Again, this is exactly what I did in a different eclipse.

My application is deployed to the web server and everything works. I can even run devmode outside of eclipse and it works fine.

But when I right click on my project and choose "Debug As" a "Web Application (running on external server)" and then add my correct server root and select my page (they were listed correctly) I immediately get an error window saying "Problem Occurred" "'Launching main.jsp-external' has encountered a problem. Cannot connect to VM" and then when hitting the details button it says "Cannot connect to VM" "Socket Closed". In the console window it says:

Error occurred during initialization of VM
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: java.lang.Class.desiredAssertionStatus0(Ljava/lang/Class;)Z
<<no stack trace available>>

I turned my firewall off thinking that might be a problem but it didn't help.  I then tried looking at the actual debug configuration and it looked fine to me.  I tried choosing the "Automatically select an unused port" but that didn't help either.

So any idea what I could be doing wrong?  I'm 99% sure I did the same procedure on the same project in luna and it worked just as I expected it to and hit the breakpoint I had chosen.

Thanks!


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment