Friday, August 1, 2014

lib-gwt-svg and checkIntersection(2) method.

Hi there,

I've been building some components using the lib-gwt-svg but I ran into a problem which I could not find a decent solution yet.

What my program does is when user clicks somewhere in the canvas, I go through all the shapes in it and run the checkIntersection(2) to check if the click position intersects any of the shapes. The first shape that returns true for the checkInttersection(2), I select it.

The problem is the checkIntersection(2) - in google chrome, not in IE - always return true when you click somewhere inside the bounding box of a path, and not just when you click in the line (stroke). This means that a path becomes selected when I click somewhere inside its bounding box and I will never be able to select anything inside a path bounding box because the paths are the first ones to be checked.

Here is a small javascript example: http://jsfiddle.net/jxVsH/2/
If you click somewhere inside the path bounding box, the checkintersection(2) always return true.

Any ideas how can I check if the user clicked only in the line of a path and not in its entire bounding box?

Regards,

Luis

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment