Saturday, August 30, 2014

Make gwt website crawlable without hash symbol?

   

In GWT we need to use # in a URL to navigate from one page to another i.e for creating history for eg. www.abc.com/#questions/10245857 but due to which I am facing a problem in sharing the url. Google scrappers are reading the url only before # i.e. www.abc.com.

Now I want to remove # from my url and want to keep it straight as www.abc.com/question/10245857.

I am unable to do so. How can I do this?

When user navigates the app I use the hash urls and History object (as to not reload the pages). However sometimes it's nice/needed to have a pretty URL (e.g. for sharing, showing in public, etc..) so I would like to know how to provide the pretty URL of the same page.

Note:
We have to do this to make our webpages url crawlable and to link the website with outside world.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment