Thursday, October 3, 2024

Discrepancy in JARs from Maven repos vs gwtproject.org website

Hello again,

I noticed that there are differences in the packages in gwt-user.jar version 2.11.0 I downloaded from the gwtproject.org vs the jars that I found on Maven repos like mvnrepository.com. The one I downloaded from gwtproject.org contains the packages java.servlet, jsinterop while the other one from maven, does not.

We have code that compiles with the first JAR because it imports javax.servlet.http.HttpSession but fails with the second since it doesn't contains the classes. HttpSession would be provided at runtime by the container, but in the IDE so far we don't container libs in our project from the Tomcat container so we we relied on the GWT JAR having those classes and it sort of worked. 

I'm not sure which GWT jar is the correct one. I haven't checked any of the others for differences. Should I add libs for Tomcat container or should I use the GWT jar that has javax.servlet?

Our dependencies are pulled in from Artifactory. To upload the jars to Artifactory, I have to create a zip bundle artifact. We have a Gradle script that uses ArtifactoryBundles plugin. As such, jars are fetched from online maven repos, the ones that don't have the same package as the one I downloaded manually. 

If javax.servlet has been removed, then fine. I would add libs for Tomcat. But I would like to know why the differences. 


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/03cb7dbb-015f-4472-a835-8a29f47b6aden%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment