Monday, October 30, 2023

Re: GWT Designer

Hi,

I installed Eclipse Kepler and when I open any ui.xml file, I can see two tabs, source and design. In the source, I can see the code but in the design I am not able to see the generated screen. I have a feeling that I have missed something but I cannot remember exactly. Can you please advise? Attached below is the source and design screens. It would be great, if you could guide me. Thanks

On Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 7:00:22 PM UTC+5:30 Sachin Bal wrote:
Thanks. I will check the old version of eclipse. I believe it was Eclipse Kepler which we had used earlier. 

Regards
Sachin

On Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 3:13:56 AM UTC+5:30 Colin Alworth wrote:
If memory serves, the GWT Designer tool was never part of GWT itself, but was a component that could be installed in Eclipse, allowing for WYSIWYG UI design (in part by running something like dev mode while you were editing?). Changes that the author of the project made were reflected in standard source files (.java and .ui.xml) that GWT itself was able to compile - as such, a newer compiler version can likely still compile (with small or minimal changes to source) such an old project. I would suggest small steps in upgrading, to keep such changes (if any) manageable.

If you're hoping to run GWT Designer itself, you probably need a very old version of eclipse - my memory here is that it wasn't used enough to be worth maintaining. The code still lives at https://github.com/gwt-plugins/gwt-designer, but I can't guess what it would take to bring it back to life. I have a memory of this being based on WindowBuilder, and some internal changes in WindowBuilder requiring substantial changes to the gwt-designer project, which never was done.

On Friday, October 27, 2023 at 3:19:36 PM UTC-5 sach...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi All,

We had created an application in 2014-2015. We had used GWT to design the UI of our application.  Unfortunately, we have folded that project in 2017 . I wanted to showcase our project to a prospective customer and was keen to know whether there is some way to migrate the project to the latest version of GWT? 

If that is not possible, I would like to display the screens which we had designed using GWT Designer so that I can at the least create a story around it.

Looking forward to some positive response

Please advise. 

Thanks
Sachin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/1f61346d-1507-4f79-a26c-91e40655f2c7n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment