Friday, November 30, 2018

Generate user.agent independent code

I'm interested in compiling my GWT code unaware of any user.agent. When removing the user.agent property from the xml GWT compiles 5 permutations but I would actually like just one (for Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Edge). I can for example set the user.agent to Safari, compile it and it runs (apparently) perfectly fine in Firefox but of course I get the severe warning that: "Possible problem with your *.gwt.xml module file."

So my question is two fold:
  • Can I create just one permutation without getting a warning when loading the file
  • How could I check where GWT creates different JavaScript code for different browsers to find possible issues when just using one permutation for the listed browsers.
If it helps:
  • I'm not using any GUI functionality from GWT. Basically GWT is only glue code between TypeScript and a WebAssembly API.
  • The whole project consists of 2 GWT Projects, where one will launch a native javascript web worker which loads the 2nd GWT project.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment