Monday, December 28, 2015

Layout principles for UIBinder with Polymer elements

Hello all,

      After a number of experiments I have decided to build UI using UIBuilder and Polymer elements library. Tutorials went well and I have build my own interface mixing standard GWT DockLayotPanel (for widget placement) and paper/iron elements from the library. I am not very experienced at CSS/UI building and feel that I am doing something wrong, because:
  1. DockLayotPanel requires pre-defined size of the panel in pixels. Otherwise it is not shown at all. I read that required property is "unit" and I can omit width and height, but it doesn't seem so.
  2. Polymer elements somehow ignore styles. I can't set colour of the elements, for example. I have tried to define style within HTMLPanel (like it is in tutorial <style is="custom-style">) and have tried to put colour directly into element - no luck

  I start to think that it is not a good idea to mix GWT panels with Polymer elements. Polymer HeaderPanel and DrawerPanel does not give such flexibility as GWT panels, but it seems mixing them together bring troubles. Am I right?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment