Friday, July 3, 2015

Re: Problems Remote Debugging with SourceMaps in SuperDevMode


Looking over on GitHub for existing issues, I saw that someone else reported an issue with DNS resolution.  With that in mind, I modified by client machine's host file to include a binding for the fully qualified name of my host machine, and when I reloaded hte page, source maps were there!

This is even though (or because?) I was accessing the server page via IP address rather than name.  it never crossed my mind that anything on the client would resolve that address to a name, but then fail when trying to reverse it back to an IP address.

Just had the same issue. Sometimes my host fails to update the DNS reverse entry when it gets a new IP address. So when I do nslookup <hostname> I get an old IP as answer. As chrome might do a DNS lookup (depending on how the source maps url is stored in the JS output of GWT), it gets the wrong IP and can not access the CodeServer under that wrong IP => no source maps.

Setting an entry in the hosts file or updating the DNS reverse entry for your host name solves the problem.

-- J.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment