Friday, September 27, 2013

Re: GWT RPC and DevMode

I will be responding to myself,

It looks like the rubber duck approach really works. If figured it out just after writing down my question :-S.

I just had to compare the contents of the .gwt.rpc files from the deployed ear/war and what DevMode was creating in the work directory.

There I found an extra little class from the gwt-user.jar, that was the cause. The DevMode setup  was still referring to an old gwt-user.jar from GWT 2.0 (while it also included the gwt2.5.1 jars).

So if anybody sees this gwt.rpc issue again in DevMode: locate the gwt.rpc files and compare them, it can give you a very good idea what is wrong!

David

On Friday, September 27, 2013 11:48:25 AM UTC+2, stuckagain wrote:
Hi,

I am failing to get DevMode working with a huge project. The main issue is that as soon as I do a first RPC call I get a IncompatibleRemoveServiceException.
I cannot use the build in Jetty (this project uses EJBs, MQ, and zillions of other technologies that require a full J2EE stack to run the server side). I just need to be able to perform work on the GUI, which is impossible unless I have DevMode working from Eclipse).

I am assuming (since that has always been the case in other more simple projects) that the root cause is that my sourcepath is different then when the EAR was build. So I must be missing some serializable classes.

Is there a way to find out what I am missing to make this work ? I get an error that RPCMap was not assignable (while it certainly is). Can I easily find out what subclasses of RPCMap devmode is expecting vs what the compiled version was using ?

I really would love to see GWT-RPC be replaced with something that does not require a perfectly in sync client and server codebase!

David

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment