Monday, December 31, 2012

How to open a new Browser Window with a Widget

Hey,

here is what Im trying to do:
I opened my GWT-Application that has a Tab-Component with several Views/Dialoges (each in a dfifferent Tab).

display.getDialogContainer().getWidget(selected) .asWidget() returns the View/Dialoge from my Tab-Component with index=selected, which allows me to put the returned Dialog (Widget) in a DialogBox.
But... the DialogBox is within the Browser-Window. Thats not what I need :(

I want to put the whole Widget that I get returned from .getWidget() in a new Browser-Window.

(Its like the Gmail feature, that allows to Pop-Up that E-Mail Overlay.)


My idea is, to put the whole widget on the server and open a new Browser Window. Then I will open my entry-point site.
The Entry-point site will check if there is a Widget on the server, and load it, if there is any.

But I´m not quite sure if /how its even possible to save the Widget on the server.


Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
Manuel

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/02O41DD1zBcJ.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment