Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Re: Request for change of access control of CellTree.BasicStyle

Maybe I'm not understanding how resources are used or applied, but that is not working for me. If I try the following interface, the resulting CellTree looks like CellTree.Style, not BasicStyle:

  interface TreeBasicResources extends CellTree.Resources {
    @Override
    @Source(value = { CellTree.Style.DEFAULT_CSS, 
        "com/google/gwt/user/cellview/client/CellTreeBasic.css" })
    CellTree.Style cellTreeStyle();
  }
  ...
  Cell Tree myTree = new CellTree(treeModel, null, 
          GWT.<TreeBasicResources> create(TreeBasicResources.class));

And if it did work, how then to add my change? Extend this interface with another? (All I want is cellTreeItem padding-top/-bottom to be 0px).

My current approach is to copy com/google/gwt/user/cellview/client/CellTree.css to MyTreeResources.css and modify the heck out of it. I can live with that, but I wondered if it couldn't be simpler.

(BTW, I'm impressed with the speed of the cellview objects. In this project I'm building a tree similar to one I built in a previous project with Tree and TreeItem. Cellviews are a lot of work--lots of parts to coordinate--but the cell items front objects not text, so I don't have to keep a separate list in sync. Also the cellview draws much faster.)

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:37:29 PM UTC-4, Thomas Broyer wrote:

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:54:32 PM UTC+2, Thad wrote:
A request/suggestion:  In a future release, can com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client.CellTree.BasicStyle be made public? It's a bit of a bother to have to extend and modify com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client.CellTree.Style and hack all of CellTree.css when all I want to do is modify one thing in CellTreeBasic.css.

AFAICT, you don't need BasicStyle. Using @Source("com/google/gwt/user/cellview/client/CellTreeBasic.css") should be enough to use (and/or override/customize) the basic style.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/E730SeVrF4UJ.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment