Thursday, March 30, 2017

Re: Newbie questions converting Java app to GWT

I tend to use Guava Splitter class when splitting text. Guava is compatible with GWT (there is a guava-gwt.jar artifact).
On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 at 08:59, Frank <frank.wynants@gmail.com> wrote:
1a. Only java.lang and java.util classes are supported
1b. Just use a StringBuffer and setText

2. You can just remove the server directory. And clean up the web.xml The error you are receiving is not about that though. I think you are using superDevMode to run the project in Eclipse ? If that is the case clean up het war directory before uploading. This will contain things about superDevMode. If you don't know what to remove post the directory structure of the war folder here.

Op donderdag 30 maart 2017 08:10:01 UTC+2 schreef Mr Grol:
Hello,
 
I have a Java app that I wish to convert to JavaScript using GWT. I have downloaded GWT and the plugin for Eclipse. However, I am having some problems:
 
 
1. textArea / BufferedReader
1a. Parsing each line of a textArea line by line. In Java I use java.io.BufferedReader. This does not seem to be supported in GWT. What alternatives could I use please?
 
1b. There seems to be no .append(String) function for a textArea. Is outputting to a textArea not the done thing in GWT?
 
 
2. Sample code / Server issues
I do not need any server side functionality. The sample project code that is generated when creating a new project comes complete with server side code that causes problems for me as I don't have admin access to the webserver, just a folder on the server. I cannot open up ports, etc.
 
When I load the html page, I get a dialog saying "Couldn't load helloworld from Super Dev Mode Server...". I am compiling the app and copying the 'war' folder to my folder on the webserver.
 
Are there any sample 'hello world' Eclipse projects that don't have server code and that are public domain (or similar) license to get me started? Or perhaps, how do I remove the server stuff from my sample project? I can create a blank web application but some sample code to get me started.
  
Thanks in advance. :-)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment