Monday, September 26, 2016

Re: How to debug server side code in Thomas Broyer GWT Maven Plugin



On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 3:02:37 PM UTC+2, David wrote:
Thomas,

I am not very familiar with Maven in Eclipse. I use Eclipse 4.6. Once I run "Debug as… → Maven", I see there are a lot of choices such as 
Maven build
Maven build...
Maven clean
Maven generate-sources
Maven install
Maven test.

I cannot figure it out how. Can you give me step-to-step instruction?

I don't use Eclipse (any longer), but IIRC, use "Maven build…" here, then in the window that opens you can give your -pl and -am (in the "goals" field, and define the 'env' system property with value 'dev' (or maybe just pass -Denv=dev)
https://books.sonatype.com/m2eclipse-book/reference/running-sect-running-maven-builds.html (note: that "book" might be outdated)
 
I am very familiar with how to debug GWT application not using Maven.

You're not trying to debug a "GWT application" here actually, but a "web application". GWT is an implementation detail of your servlets as far as the server-side is concerned.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment