Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Re: Modifying the date format for specific locales through properties file

I think the issue is that the DateBox I'm using doesn't actually use the DateConstants, but rather the DateTimeFormatInfoImpl_xx.java implementation. Adding my own implementation of that class has done the trick.

Thanks!

On Tuesday, 31 May 2016 13:41:13 UTC+10, Aleks wrote:
Hi,

I have a specific requirement where the business are not happy with the GWT default DATE_SHORT format for the en_AU locale. Currently it is set to d/MM/y. 

I was convinced that there must be a way of overriding this. My approach was creating my own com/google/gwt/i18n/client/constants/DateTimeConstantsImpl_en_AU.properties in my application thinking it would be picked up at runtime.
I have done a similar thing in the past with the NumberConstants_en_AU.properties file so expected this to work the same way.

However, I have had no luck with this approach this time. Could someone be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong, or is it perhaps not possible at all?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment