Friday, September 24, 2010

Re: GWT has DListElement, but not dt or dd?

Yeah, that's fine. I've gone ahead and made DTElement and DDElement (I
guess technically that should be DTermElement and DDefinitionElement,
but ugh) so I can make a DListPanel.

Is there a better way to mix HTML and widgets programmatically? I've
made a custom TabPanel (that has a header and content area).
Unfortunately, since GWT doesn't support custom parsing out-of-the-box
yet (and I'm aware there is a way to do it, but it's not pretty and I
don't have time to mess with all of that currently), I can't put
header and content fields into my own TabPanel declaratively in
UiBinder and have to do it in code. That means, however, that since
I'm wanting to mix Widgets (mainly form fields such as TextBox) and
HTML (the dl/dt/dd structure) that I'm essentially having to create
silly little wrapper widgets so that I can attach the dl/dt/dd to a
FlowPanel which is serving as the tab's content area.

Is there a simpler way to accomplish that or is creating a DListPanel
that I can attach to the FlowPanel (and with add(List<Widget> dts,
List<Widget> dds for adding the Widgets) pretty much the way to go
there?

On Sep 24, 10:02 am, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 4:13 pm, Falcon <msu.fal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > GWT has a DListElement (http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/2.1/com/google/g...
> > ) but I'm unable to find a corresponding dt or dd.
>
> > Do I need to make my own dt and dd or do they exist somewhere else
> > that I'm just missing? Seems a bit odd to provide the dl without the
> > dt or dd.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-HTML/html.html#ID-58190037
> """Elements that only expose the HTML core attributes are represented
> by the base HTMLElement interface. These elements are as follows:
> [...] DD, DT"""
>
> These are just com.google.gwt.dom.client.Element, they have nothing
> special.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment