Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Re: Development Mode not connecting

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I've looked out for that one, and am sure that is not
the issue. Even if I completely restarting my pc to make absolutely
sure nothing is left running in the background I still get the same
result. I am careful to make sure I am debugging rather than just
running, and I can see the development server is running (all the
various threads of com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode are visible in Eclipse's
Debug window).

On Sep 27, 6:20 pm, Chris Conroy <con...@google.com> wrote:
> Sounds like perhaps you have an existing DevMode session active, and perhaps
> you launched it with "Run as..." rather than "Debug as...". It's easy to
> accidentally keep an old DevMode session around in Eclipse because the UI
> for it is a bit non-obvious. Though, if you are using the same run
> configuration then it should complain in the console about not being able to
> bind to the code server port since another session is active.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Johnnie <johnnie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I've been using GWT for about a year and really found it a fantastic
> > platform.  I've just got one bug that keeps periodically returning
> > that is driving me mad! :)
>
> > Most of the time I can debug a GWT app just fine.  But sometimes when
> > I try to run an application in development mode, the debugger simply
> > won't connect to the application, i.e. no breakpoints in my code are
> > hit.
>
> > One give-away that this is happening, is that application is loading
> > way too fast.
> > Normally is I point my browser to:
> >  http://localhost:post/myapp.html/?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997,
> > my browser takes a few seconds to load the page (as it is connecting
> > to the GWT development server).
>
> > But when my bugs is rearing it's ugly head, the page loads almost
> > instantly, exactly the same as if I'd just tried to load:
> >  http://localhost:post/myapp.html
>
> > This is particularly frustrating as no matter what I do, from that
> > point on I cannot debug the project (I've tried recompiling it,
> > clearing my browser cache, restarting my computer...). The only
> > solution to start the project again from scratch and copy and paste in
> > my existing code.
>
> > I'm not even sure what is causing the bug to happen.  Most of the
> > time, I can write a whole application start to finish without any
> > problems, other sometimes, it crops up continuously. Here's my best
> > guess so far of conditions that might be contributing to the bug (but
> > they don't consistently create it):
>
> >   1) I have a project that is debugging fine, but if run 'GWT Compile
> > Project', then debug, I get the bug.
> >   2) If the project is linked to a few other projects (e.g. libraries
> > of code that I want to reuse).
>
> > Has anyone had similar problems?  Would really love to find a
> > workaround/fix as this is bringing some of my projects almost to a
> > standstill.
>
> > I'm using
> > Window 7
> > GWT v2.0.4 (though I've had this bug on previously versions)
> > Eclipse 3.5.2
> > GWT Plugin for Eclipse 3.5 1.3.3
>
> > Thanks in advance for any help!
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsubs cribe@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment