Thursday, September 23, 2010

Re: Correctly implementing history

This javadoc seems to have the full implementation:

http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/2.0/com/google/gwt/user/client/History.html

On Sep 23, 12:05 pm, Greg Dougherty <dougherty.greg...@mayo.edu>
wrote:
> It's sad that the JavaDoc and that link I gave above both have a lot
> of useful information, but neither one has the complete
> implementation. :-(
>
> On Sep 22, 6:35 pm, lineman78 <linema...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am assuming that you just have history listeners everywhere that
> > matters.  There are multiple ways you can fix this, you can look at
> > the value of the history token in the constructors, or you might
> > simply be able to call History.fireCurrentHistoryState() right after
> > you add your listener.
>
> > On Sep 22, 4:47 pm, Greg Dougherty <dougherty.greg...@mayo.edu> wrote:
>
> > > So I swiped the code athttp://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideCodingBasicsHist...,
> > > and have somewhat implemented History.  HTe problem is I haven't
> > > completely implemented it.
>
> > > If my app is running, going forward and backward in the history works
> > > just grand.  I can even paste in a previous bookmark, and it will be
> > > dealt with correctly.  However, once you've left my app, all bets are
> > > off.
>
> > > If I click on a link in my app that takes me outside of my app, when I
> > > hit the Back button my app rebuilds from scratch, completely ignoring
> > > the history in the Navigation bar, and then it going to the usual
> > > starting tab.  How do I get my app to look at the Navigation bar, and
> > > use the history that is there?
>
> > > TIA,
>
> > > Greg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment