Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Re: Can't Set App Engine SDK - Eclipse Plugin

I had same problem, but this way I get it.
You have to add app engine sdk (properties->java build path-
>libraries)
then remember make sure that all maven jars are at bottom in "order
and export" tab.

I hope this helps.

On Sep 8, 2:56 am, sdoca <sd...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to set up a Maven/GWT/Eclipse project and keep
> running into road blocks.  I have Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) with m2eclipse
> and GWT plugins installed.  I was trying with Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo)
> but thought I may have messed up some config thing and figured I'd
> start clean and upgrade to Helios.  I get the same issue in both.
>
> I have been trying to use this blog as a guide for setting up my
> project:
>
> http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-to-use-google-plugin...
>
> I have a project set up in the standard Maven directory structure.  I
> created a new Eclipse project and used this as the existing source
> (deleted .project, .classpath and .settings that were created in
> Galileo).  I then ran the mvn clean gae:unpack war:war and mvn
> eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse as per the blog.
>
> When I go into the project properties and try to set the Google App
> Engine to "Use default SDK (App Engine - 1.3.7)" and save, it doesn't
> stick.  I go back in and it's still set at "Use specific SDK" which is
> set to "{userHome}\.m2\repository\com\google\appengine - unknown
> version".  If I choose "App Engine - 1.3.7" from the list and save, it
> still reverts to the local repo "unkown version".
>
> When I check my Java Build Path, all the jars from the local repo are
> listed.  I can delete them and save, but again, it doesn't stick.
>
> I tried running the project to see what happens, and I get:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>         at
> com.google.appengine.tools.info.SdkImplInfo.<clinit>(SdkImplInfo.java:
> 19)
>         at
> com.google.appengine.tools.util.Logging.initializeLogging(Logging.java:
> 36)
>         at
> com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher.start(AppEngin eLauncher.java:
> 72)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.doStartUpServer(DevMode.java:421)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.startUp(DevModeBase.java:1035)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.run(DevModeBase.java:783)
>         at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.main(DevMode.java:275)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to discover the Google
> App Engine SDK root. This code should be loaded from the SDK
> directory, but was instead loaded from file:{userHome}/.m2/repository/
> com/google/appengine/appengine-tools-sdk/1.3.7/appengine-tools-
> sdk-1.3.7.jar.  Specify -Dappengine.sdk.root to override the SDK
> location.
>         at com.google.appengine.tools.info.SdkInfo.findSdkRoot(SdkInfo.java:
> 106)
>         at com.google.appengine.tools.info.SdkInfo.<clinit>(SdkInfo.java:24)
>         ... 7 more
>
> What gives??

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment