Monday, September 27, 2010

Need advise on how to organize my sample application.

Hi,

I am writing a sample application to get to know GWT and GWT designer.
This application requires user to login using Google account. It
displays a list of customers and allows adding a customer. Can you
please advise on how should I organize the UI?

The I have organized the application:
1. I have used UserService for login purpose.
2. I have created 3 composites. Login, Home, Add customer.
3. I have added the composites to a deckpanel in the module with the
entry point.
4. Created login service.
5. Created Customer service which handles add and get all customer
functionality.

When the application starts I check it checks if user is logged in. If
not then the login composite is shown in the deckpanel. Once the user
logs in the Home page is shown.

On the home page the list of customers is shown. Now I click on the
Add customer button in the Home composite. It takes me to the Add
customer composite. I fill in the customer details and click Save
button in the composite.

How do I move to the Home page again without the composite knowing
about the deckpanel?

For now I have put the Save button outside the deck panel.

Best Regards,
Vishal


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment