Monday, September 27, 2010

Development Mode not connecting

Hi all,

I've been using GWT for about a year and really found it a fantastic
platform. I've just got one bug that keeps periodically returning
that is driving me mad! :)

Most of the time I can debug a GWT app just fine. But sometimes when
I try to run an application in development mode, the debugger simply
won't connect to the application, i.e. no breakpoints in my code are
hit.

One give-away that this is happening, is that application is loading
way too fast.
Normally is I point my browser to:
http://localhost:post/myapp.html/?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997,
my browser takes a few seconds to load the page (as it is connecting
to the GWT development server).

But when my bugs is rearing it's ugly head, the page loads almost
instantly, exactly the same as if I'd just tried to load:
http://localhost:post/myapp.html

This is particularly frustrating as no matter what I do, from that
point on I cannot debug the project (I've tried recompiling it,
clearing my browser cache, restarting my computer...). The only
solution to start the project again from scratch and copy and paste in
my existing code.

I'm not even sure what is causing the bug to happen. Most of the
time, I can write a whole application start to finish without any
problems, other sometimes, it crops up continuously. Here's my best
guess so far of conditions that might be contributing to the bug (but
they don't consistently create it):

1) I have a project that is debugging fine, but if run 'GWT Compile
Project', then debug, I get the bug.
2) If the project is linked to a few other projects (e.g. libraries
of code that I want to reuse).


Has anyone had similar problems? Would really love to find a
workaround/fix as this is bringing some of my projects almost to a
standstill.

I'm using
Window 7
GWT v2.0.4 (though I've had this bug on previously versions)
Eclipse 3.5.2
GWT Plugin for Eclipse 3.5 1.3.3


Thanks in advance for any help!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment